The month to month price of renting a saxophone can range from $50 to $100.
This depends on if the instrument is new or used or if it is a student or step up model.
There are other things that can influence the rental rate of a saxophone:
- Material - On a student saxophone, the materials will be geared toward durability and to be able to make a quick sound for a beginning player. Depending on the model, most intermediate saxophones will have metal resonators, handmade features, ergonomic keys and more!
- Brand/Manufacturer - Quality instruments are made of better materials, play in tune, and withstand wear and tear of a young musician learning to make their first sounds.
- Repair - Is the instrument maintenance and damage covered with the rental payment? Does it come with a mouthpiece and case as well?
- Service - Does a local music store service and support my local school and community? Is there a pick up and delivery scheduled to my child's school?
- Accessories - Does the instrument include any basic accessories to care for the instrument?
- Upgrade Option - What will happen if my student outgrows the student model and can benefit from an upgrade?
Many parents realize, finding the cheapest rental rate is not always the right option. Instead, it is smart to look at the program as a whole package that combines a quality instrument with services that give your child the best opportunity of success in playing a musical instrument.